Stodghill Says So

An opinionated posting on a variety of subjects by a former newspaper reporter and columnist whose daily column was named best in Indiana by UPI. The Blog title is that used in his high school sports predictions for the Muncie Evening Press.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, United States

At the age of 18 I was a 4th Infantry Division rifleman in the invasion of Normandy, then later was called back for the Korean War. Put in a couple of years as a Pinkerton detective. Much of my life was spent as a newspaper reporter, sports writer and daily columnist. Published three books on high school sports in Ohio and Indiana. I write mystery fiction for Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine and others. Three books, Normandy 1944 - A Young Rifleman's War, The Hoosier Hot Shots, and From Devout Catholic to Communist Agitator are now available from Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other booksellers. So are four collections of short mysteries: Jack Eddy Stories Volumes 1 and 2, Midland Murders, and The Rough Old Stuff From Mike Shayne Mystery Magazine.

Powered By Blogger TM

Thursday, August 13, 2009


In one of his more lucid moments my brother-in-law Mike Taylor, whose brain was fried by too many years spent under the Florida sun, sent me the cruel and uncalled-for photo at the right.
Far be it from me to criticize someone, but Mike's idea of a gourmet meal is biscuits and gravy at a Golden Corral. He always carries a camera so he can catch people unaware and take a candid shot when their mouth is agape or something is hanging from one nostril.
How it ever came about baffles me, but Mike has a lovely wife named Annette who comes from close by here in the Western Reserve Territory. He also has a nice sister and a fine brother so what happened with Mike is just one more puzzle.
We met under strange circumstances. He and Jackie were in a car and she was telling him about the wonderful man she had met. I happened to be walking from one bar to another at the time so she said, "There he is now."
I have always made a point of emphasizing the fact that I was walking, not staggering as Mike likes to claim. It happens that I just have a poor sense of balance.
Because of his relationship with Jackie I have decided against taking legal action over this defaming picture. The time will come, though, when a suitable response leaps to mind.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Chet Headley said...

Dick, 24 Aug 09

The picture accompanying your article looks very familiar; I think it’s a picture of me in typing class at Falls High. Of course I don’t look quite that handsome these days.

Chet

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Blog Directory

<< Home