Stodghill Says So

An opinionated posting on a variety of subjects by a former newspaper reporter and columnist whose daily column was named best in Indiana by UPI. The Blog title is that used in his high school sports predictions for the Muncie Evening Press.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, United States

At the age of 18 I was a 4th Infantry Division rifleman in the invasion of Normandy, then later was called back for the Korean War. Put in a couple of years as a Pinkerton detective. Much of my life was spent as a newspaper reporter, sports writer and daily columnist. Published three books on high school sports in Ohio and Indiana. I write mystery fiction for Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine and others. Three books, Normandy 1944 - A Young Rifleman's War, The Hoosier Hot Shots, and From Devout Catholic to Communist Agitator are now available from Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other booksellers. So are four collections of short mysteries: Jack Eddy Stories Volumes 1 and 2, Midland Murders, and The Rough Old Stuff From Mike Shayne Mystery Magazine.

Powered By Blogger TM

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Internet Explorer 7 - A Real Mess

Apparently the people at Microsoft got together and decided to really mess up the internet, especially for Ol' Stodg out in Ohio. They came up with Internet Explorer 7, a new and "improved" version of something that worked quit well. Then they sent pop-up windows, one after another, telling me to get it because it's free. So just to get rid of those pop-ups, I decided it couldn't hurt and clicked OK.
Boy, was I wrong. The first thing it did was knock out my Windows tool bar. Now I can't print a selection, just a full page. I used to be able to X something out, such as my website after viewing it. Now if I X out anything at all it knocks out the entire internet. If I call up a photo on Blogger and click "done" when it has uploaded, out goes the internet. When I call up Favorites, out goes the list as soon as I click on one of them.
On and on it goes, more and more things that aren't as good as they were before Internet Explorer 7 came along. So what can I do about it? I don't know, but I'm trying to eliminate Internet Explorer completely and go with Mozilla Firefox or some other program.
Thanks a lot, Microsoft, for really messing things up.

www.dickstodghill.comPosted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dick,
if you don´t like mozilla firefox maybe you try opera (www.opera.com). it´s totally free like firefox.
Peter

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I switched to Firefox a few months ago and haven't looked back.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dick, I also upgraded to Internet Explorer 7 and wished I had left it alone. Clicking on the free things must be your culprit. Frustrating, isn't it ? B Taylor (Wis)

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too loaded IE 7 which messed up my machine bad....beides looking horrible. I removed it. I too use Mozilla FireFox. IE can take a hike.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Blog Directory

<< Home