Stodghill Says So

An opinionated posting on a variety of subjects by a former newspaper reporter and columnist whose daily column was named best in Indiana by UPI. The Blog title is that used in his high school sports predictions for the Muncie Evening Press.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, United States

At the age of 18 I was a 4th Infantry Division rifleman in the invasion of Normandy, then later was called back for the Korean War. Put in a couple of years as a Pinkerton detective. Much of my life was spent as a newspaper reporter, sports writer and daily columnist. Published three books on high school sports in Ohio and Indiana. I write mystery fiction for Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine and others. Three books, Normandy 1944 - A Young Rifleman's War, The Hoosier Hot Shots, and From Devout Catholic to Communist Agitator are now available from Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other booksellers. So are four collections of short mysteries: Jack Eddy Stories Volumes 1 and 2, Midland Murders, and The Rough Old Stuff From Mike Shayne Mystery Magazine.

Powered By Blogger TM

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Am I the Only One?

Am I the only one sick of having the United States acting as police force for the world?
Am I the only one tired of hearing about that cauldron known as the Middle East?
Am I the only one disgusted by what we have done to the people of Iraq?
Am I the only one who thinks about the good that could have been accomplished in this country with the billions spent on offshore adventures?
Am I the only one who doesn't care who runs the show in Pakistan?
Am I the only one weary of hearing politicians say that if we pull our troops back home the terrorists will follow?
Am I the only one who feels there is something cowardly about always trying to fight our battles on someone else's turf?
Am I the only one who finds it laughable that we can kill all the terrorists around the world, many of whom we have created?
The terrorists don't have to wait for our troops to come home, all they have to do is stroll across this country's unsecured borders, especially the one to the south.
If I were in charge I'd bring all American forces back to this country and let events unfold as they will. The generals say that if we leave Iraq there will be genocide. There already is genocide in Iraq.
If our military forces were here where they belong just how much could terrorists accomplish? If they did something, how long would it take to run them down?
I feel great sympathy for the people of Iraq. By getting rid of their evil dictator we have made several million leave their country, have forced several million more to lose their homes. Those who still have a home in Baghdad and many other cities are frequently without drinking water and electricity. They are in danger every time they step out on the street and sometimes they don't even have to do that to be in danger. The puppet government we set up and call a democracy is a joke.
Would you rather have a democracy or a roof over your head?
Would you rather have a democracy or a supply of water?
Would you rather have a democracy or electricity?
Would you rather have a democracy or streets that are safe for your kids to walk on?
The people of Iraq have none of the above, thanks to us. Least of all do they have a democracy. They have nothing. How much worse than that can it get?
Am I the only one who believes it is time for Americans to look out for Americans and let others do the same?
No, I'm sure there are many who feel the same as I do. I'm also sure they have the same amount of influence that I do. In other words, none. Vote and bring about change? Please, let's be serious. What's the answer? If I knew that, people would bow down in the streets as I passed.

http://www.dickstodghill.com/

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you.
The Wisconsin Hawk

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, you're not the only one Dick. But what are we to do? The Republicans want to stay in Iraq. The Democrats all lined up on television and said they wanted out of Iraq but every one of them was enthusiastic about sending US troops into Darfur.

What I've come to believe is that the US needs to suffer a good butt-whipping. And maybe a Greater Depression on top of that.

Perhaps then Americans will begin to wake-up from their reality TV daze and sports mania and pay attention to the things that really matter.

Jeff

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Blog Directory

<< Home