Stodghill Says So

An opinionated posting on a variety of subjects by a former newspaper reporter and columnist whose daily column was named best in Indiana by UPI. The Blog title is that used in his high school sports predictions for the Muncie Evening Press.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, United States

At the age of 18 I was a 4th Infantry Division rifleman in the invasion of Normandy, then later was called back for the Korean War. Put in a couple of years as a Pinkerton detective. Much of my life was spent as a newspaper reporter, sports writer and daily columnist. Published three books on high school sports in Ohio and Indiana. I write mystery fiction for Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine and others. Three books, Normandy 1944 - A Young Rifleman's War, The Hoosier Hot Shots, and From Devout Catholic to Communist Agitator are now available from Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other booksellers. So are four collections of short mysteries: Jack Eddy Stories Volumes 1 and 2, Midland Murders, and The Rough Old Stuff From Mike Shayne Mystery Magazine.

Powered By Blogger TM

Friday, August 17, 2007

Out of Action

Thanks to a problem with the internet provider I've been out of blogger action this week and will continue to be so until Roadrunner is installed on August 29.

I will add that thanks to being too slow to hit the mute button on the TV remote I heard that some new quarterback for the Cleveland Browns is charging from $175 to $215 for an autograph. That could be because he just signed a contract for $20 million but may be a little short on pocket change.
This fellow has never played in an NFL game. That is something we have in common because I have never played in an NFL game. That being the case, I feel he is charging too much for an autograph so I will be more realistic and you can have one of mine for a measly fifty bucks. The line forms at the right. Don't get pushy or try to crowd ahead because I will continue to sign until everyone is satisfied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory

<< Home