Stodghill Says So

An opinionated posting on a variety of subjects by a former newspaper reporter and columnist whose daily column was named best in Indiana by UPI. The Blog title is that used in his high school sports predictions for the Muncie Evening Press.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, United States

At the age of 18 I was a 4th Infantry Division rifleman in the invasion of Normandy, then later was called back for the Korean War. Put in a couple of years as a Pinkerton detective. Much of my life was spent as a newspaper reporter, sports writer and daily columnist. Published three books on high school sports in Ohio and Indiana. I write mystery fiction for Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine and others. Three books, Normandy 1944 - A Young Rifleman's War, The Hoosier Hot Shots, and From Devout Catholic to Communist Agitator are now available from Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other booksellers. So are four collections of short mysteries: Jack Eddy Stories Volumes 1 and 2, Midland Murders, and The Rough Old Stuff From Mike Shayne Mystery Magazine.

Powered By Blogger TM

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Comment Box - and Geeks

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, that little box you can call up by clicking "comments" at the end of a blog. When it works, I get an e-mail asking if I want the comment published. I always say yes.
But I've had people tell me they have tried several times and nothing happened. Don't ask me why because I'm in the dark on the subject. I could expand on that and say I'm in the dark on many subjects, but trying to list them all would require days spent writing a blog.
It was another Stodghill, John Stodghill, who told me I should activate the box, so I did. That was months ago, but he posted a comment a few days ago so I know he's still out there somewhere in cyberspace.
But this little box that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't made me wonder how all this internet stuff works. I haven't a clue. After mulling over the question for a minute or two I decided I really don't care, don't even want to learn how it works. It does, and that's all you really need to know unless you are a computer geek.
That's something else I'm not sure about. Exactly what is a geek? Considering that a computer geek knows more than the rest of us, I guess it means someone who is pretty smart, at least about computers. There even is a Geek Squad that sends a geek to your house to fix your computer. I could use one of those several times a day.
There also are cell phone geeks, but I don't think they're smart at all. Are there other kinds of geeks? Who knows? Actually, who cares?

www.dickstodghill.com Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory

<< Home