Stodghill Says So

An opinionated posting on a variety of subjects by a former newspaper reporter and columnist whose daily column was named best in Indiana by UPI. The Blog title is that used in his high school sports predictions for the Muncie Evening Press.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, United States

At the age of 18 I was a 4th Infantry Division rifleman in the invasion of Normandy, then later was called back for the Korean War. Put in a couple of years as a Pinkerton detective. Much of my life was spent as a newspaper reporter, sports writer and daily columnist. Published three books on high school sports in Ohio and Indiana. I write mystery fiction for Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine and others. Three books, Normandy 1944 - A Young Rifleman's War, The Hoosier Hot Shots, and From Devout Catholic to Communist Agitator are now available from Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other booksellers. So are four collections of short mysteries: Jack Eddy Stories Volumes 1 and 2, Midland Murders, and The Rough Old Stuff From Mike Shayne Mystery Magazine.

Powered By Blogger TM

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I Wonder


Why does Ralph, the Hallmark hamster at the left, show up on my screen saver every three or four minutes? There are 36 items available and some of them are seen only once a month, if that often. But Ralph pops up constantly with that quizzical look on his face. I know he's asking, "How's Sophie?" and I have to tell him she's sleeping or isn't feeling well or whatever the proper answer is at that moment.
Do other people talk to their screen savers? I assume they do if Ralph is one of the features on it. He's an inquisitive little guy.
#
I wonder how long the United States is going to continue pouring money down those rat holes of Iraq and Afghanistan? They cite improvement in Iraq. That means that ten or twenty years after all Americans have left, the Iraqis will be back to where they were before we invaded their country for spurious reasons.
I wonder what the real goal is in Afghanistan? I've heard reasons, none of which make sense. By the time its all over in those two countries, if it ever is, thousands of Americans and other NATO forces will have been killed and many times that number of Iraqis and Afghans will have died. By then enough money will have been spent to pay for health care for every American. The big question is: For what?
I wonder when politicians will quit asking generals what they want and what they need? Asking a general if he wants or needs more men and more equipment is like asking a 4-year-old if he wants or needs more toys.
I wonder if we will ever hear a politician who claims providing health care for everyone is too expensive say at the same time he is giving up his government provided free health care?
I wonder if Americans will ever switch from saying "Keep us safe" to "Keep everyone safe"?
I wonder about a lot of things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory

<< Home